Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of our Business for any vehicles left here for repair work.
For Terms and Conditions relating to special offers, click here.
The Title in any goods or services does not pass to the customer until all monies are received in full.
Nothing contained herein is designed to nor will it affect a customer’s statutory rights.
- In these conditions (“we”, “us”,” our”)shall mean Harish’s Auto Services Ltd, trading as Welwyn Auto Centre and “the customer” shall mean the person or body by or on whose behalf this form is signed or addressed to on the reverse side hereof.
- Where we contract to carry out any diagnostic Operation by name our liability shall be limited to the performance of such work as may be prescribed from time to time by the manufactures as coming within such scope of the operation.
- All contracts with us shall be valid and binding only if made in writing upon our Work Instruction sheet (job card) and shall be subject to these terms and conditions of business and no other. We may subcontract to other businesses whereby Welwyn Auto Centre will abide by their terms of business. A contract shall exist when and only when our workshop instructions form has been signed by or on behalf of the customer or a verbal agreement has been made. No variation of any contract shall be valid unless agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of the customer and us, unless a verbal agreement for works has been made and no means such as e-mail or fax could be provided to have written confirmation of extra works being done.
- Welwyn Auto Centre and its servants and agents are expressly authorised by the customer to use the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with the service and repair thereof. It is also the customer’s responsibility to make sure the vehicle is taxed.
- All monies due to us in respect of service or repair operations carried out on the vehicle or vehicle’s referred to overleaf shall be come payable when such operations are completed and the customer has been notified either overleaf or otherwise that the vehicle or vehicles are ready for collection. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us all payments to us shall be made before the vehicle or vehicles are released to the customer in cash or card. Not by Cheque.
- The customer acknowledges us to have a legal lien upon any vehicle or vehicles left with us for Service, Mot or its repair and upon the fittings or contents thereof for all monies due to us from the customer on any account.
- Subject to the provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and any amendment thereof vehicles and the components, fittings and contents of vehicles are left with us entirely at the customer risk. We shall in no circumstances be liable for loss or damage thereof for any delay in completing service or repairs howsoever occasioned and whether by reason of any act or default of us in our servants agents otherwise.
- If after the date of any contract made subject to these conditions of business but before payment is made by the customer the list prices of parts shall rise, then the contract price shall rise accordingly notwithstanding the terms of any estimate or quotation we may have given.
- We will provide a satisfactory level of service. We do not guarantee that any parts that we fit are suitable for anything other than general use of the part. We accept no liability except in so far as liability may be placed upon us by the unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- The work carried out as specified overleaf is warranted against faulty workmanship by a period of 12 months or 12, 000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of completion of the work. We will not give any guarantees on parts or labour of any second hand parts supplied by us under the instruction of the customer. This does not seek to affect your statutory rights.
- All agreements made between us and the customer , or as provided by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or similar enacted Legislation ,Regulations and Directives, are personal to the customer who shall not assign his rights or liabilities under an agreement made subject to these conditions.
- If in our reasonable opinion the operations to be carried out by the customer cannot be carried out without the vehicle or any part thereof being washed or otherwise cleaned and the cost for such washes or cleaning shall be chargeable to the customer as if the same had been specifically ordered by him/her.
- If the customer shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangements with creditor or suffer a receiver of his effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enter into liquidation other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction we shall have the right to terminate any agreement with the customer subject to these conditions and shall henceforth cease to have and further obligation under the contract and the price for all work done and goods and services rendered by us shall immediately become payable.
- If by reason of the customers instruction or lack of instructions any vehicle or vehicles left with us for any Inspection service or repair operation are not collected by the customer within 2 days of having notified the customer either overleaf or otherwise that such operations have been complete we shall be at liberty to charge the customer a reasonable daily sum for storage of such vehicle or vehicles which currently stands at £20 plus vat per day or part thereof.
- If the customer requires a loan vehicle this will need to be insured by the customer under their own insurance policy and a copy of this and their drivers licence will need to be presented to us before they take possession of our vehicle.
- Welwyn Auto Centre will at their discretion make a charge for any investigation work carried out.
- All genuine parts and OES fitted by us will be covered by the parts warranty procedure as laid down in the manufactures terms and conditions (available on request)
- Any items left in car left at your own risk.
- Vehicles to be left with sufficient amount of fuel to enable our technicians to complete requested repairs and collection and delivery service (if requested). We reserve the right to charge £3.00 per litre for adding fuel to complete requested tasks.
- It is the owner’s responsibility not to drive the vehicle with any warning lights showing or any signs of problems that will cause damage to the vehicle or compromise safety.
- We may from time to time contact you via e-mail and send updates about our services and offers.
- Pictures of your vehicle may be taken and used for information/training and or advertising purposes.
- All Mots rules and regulations are displayed on the MOT notice board and we have the right to charge retest fees when they become applicable.
- All parts removed will be disposed of in a environmentally friendly manner. If you require to see parts except oil filters you will need to inform us BEFORE the repair.
- Should you not settle your invoice we reserve the right to pass on your details to a collection agency for retrieval of the outstanding debt and their costs in the matter to retrieve the monies owed.
View our Terms and Conditions relating to special offers